Royal Fields Finance Proprietary Limited (“Royal Fields Finance”) seeks to employ a highly motivated and experienced SME Development Specialist for a three-year Enterprise Development Programme. The SME Development Specialist will be based at our head office in Illovo, Johannesburg and will also travel extensively.
In the main, the SME Development Specialist will work with the Executive in implementing a green field Enterprise Development Programme. The Programme is expected to have a strong developmental impact, namely: (1) addressing the SME finance gap; (2) helping to develop profitable and sustainable SMEs; (3) helping to develop an efficient and commercially viable Enterprise Development model and (4) generating employment through the resultant growth of SMEs.
- Recruit high growth SMEs run by high impact entrepreneurs;
- Conduct need assessment of SMEs;
- Design and implement tailored growth plan/strategy for participating SMEs;
- Recruit and manage staff, consultants and mentors;
- Coordinate trainings and technical assistance throughout the life of the Programme;
- Create linkages with relevant industry players with the view to facilitate markets for participating SMEs;
- Perform monitoring and evaluation of the managed Programme activities;
- Help enterprises grow and diversify business services and product offerings;
- Ensure that the Programme achieves its developmental impact/objectives;
- Develop Programme manual documenting all supporting procedures, guidelines and training sessions.
Ideal candidates will meet the following qualifications:
- Degree in economics, finance, business administration and/or related fields;
- Seven years of relevant work experience working in the field of SME-development;
- Deep technical knowledge in SME development as demonstrated by successful work experience;
- Team player with good problem solving and analytical skills, with an ability to execute the tasks timely and effectively;
- Sound analytical, organizational, project management and negotiation skills and the ability to conduct training and workshops/seminars;
- Advanced computer skills, including word processing, spread sheet, power point, data management, and other packages;
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills in English with an ability to interact with a very broad spectrum of stakeholders;
- Ability to work under pressure, travel long distances and work long hours as and when required.