Project managers will be responsible for coaching and mentoring, training and assisting SME participants in the Enterprise Development Programme to plan, manage, co-ordinate and exercise financial control of their projects.
In particular, project managers will assist ensure that projects are adequately resourced, deadlines are met and that projects are completed within budgets.
Responsibilities of project managers will include assisting with:
- setting project objectives;
- planning project implementation and compiling project plan;
- developing and maintaining working budgets for projects;
- ensuring that all the resources required to successfully implement the project are identified and sourced;
- negotiating and resolving issues with contract providers;
- providing advice on the management of projects;
- organising the various professional people working on a project
- risk assessment;
- making sure that all the aims of the project are met;
- supervising each stage of the project and making sure the quality standards are met;
- using the latest IT to keep track of people and progress
- recruiting specialists and sub-contractors;
- monitoring sub-contractors to ensure guidelines are maintained;
- facilitating communication, decision making and problem solving;
- accounting, costing and billing.
Ideal candidates will meet the following qualifications:
- Degree / diploma in project management;
- Five years of relevant work experience;
- Experience of working with SMEs will be a major advantage;
- Team player with good problem solving and analytical skills, with an ability to execute the tasks timely and effectively;
- Sound analytical, organizational, project management and negotiation skills and the ability to conduct training and workshops/seminars;
- Advanced computer skills, including word processing, spread sheet, power point, data management, and other packages;
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills in English with an ability to interact with a very broad spectrum of stakeholders;
- Ability to work under pressure, travel long distances and work long hours as and when required.