The civil engineer will coach and mentor, train and assist participants in the Enterprise Development Centre with the complex technical aspects of their projects, as well as manage all costs relating to their construction and infrastructure projects from start to finish.
The civil engineer should place emphasis on ensuring that participants understand and meet the complex specifications of their projects.
The scope of the civil engineer activities will include training and assisting participants with the following:
- Providing civil engineering services;
- Providing technical advice and support;
- Analysing and ensuring understanding and compliance with project drawings, designs, plans and specifications;
- Overseeing work done by participants, focusing on quality and progress;
- Ensuring safe and effective working environment onsite;
- Costing projects and ensuring budgets are met;
- Valuing completed work and assisting in compiling claims;
- Report writing.
Ideal candidates will meet the following qualifications:
- Degree / diploma in civil engineering;
- Five years of relevant work experience;
- Experience of working with SMEs will be a major advantage;
- Team player with good problem solving and analytical skills, with an ability to execute the tasks timely and effectively;
- Sound analytical, organizational, project management and negotiation skills and the ability to conduct training and workshops/seminars;
- Advanced computer skills, including word processing, spread sheet, power point, data management, and other packages;
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills in English with an ability to interact with a very broad spectrum of stakeholders;
- Ability to work under pressure, travel long distances and work long hours as and when required.