The accountants will coach and mentor, train and assist SME participants in the Enterprise Development Programme on how to manage the financial aspects of their businesses.
The accountants should place emphasis on training and assisting the participants to implement financial systems and policies that will ensure effective financial management and financial sustainability of the SME businesses
The scope of the accountants’ activities will include training and assisting participants with the following:
- Costing and pricing products and/or services;
- Negotiating business terms with debtors and creditors;
- Budgeting and cash flow management;
- Administering payroll;
- Financial risk management;
- Investigating ways to reduce costs and increase profitability;
- Developing and implementing accounting systems (policies, procedures and records) to track financial performance;
- Compiling financial reports including management accounts and annual financial statements;
- Compiling and submitting statutory reports/returns e.g. tax returns, CIPC annual returns, etc;
- Adherence to corporate governance;
- Developing business plans and raising finance for the SME businesses.
Ideal candidates will meet the following qualifications:
- BCom or BCom Hon;
- Three years of relevant work experience;
- Experience of working with SMEs will be a major advantage;
- Team player with good problem solving and analytical skills, with an ability to execute the tasks timely and effectively;
- Sound analytical, organizational, project management and negotiation skills and the ability to conduct training and workshops/seminars;
- Advanced computer skills, including word processing, spread sheet, power point, data management, and other packages;
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills in English with an ability to interact with a very broad spectrum of stakeholders;
- Ability to work under pressure, travel long distances and work long hours as and when required.