The Fund aims to achieve the following objectives for its SME clients:
- Give them a foot in the (mainstream economic) door. The Fund enables entrepreneurs to commence projects and not to lose out on opportunities;
- Create financial and credit history: In the majority of cases, the Fund provides the first formal loan to its clients thus enabling them to generate activity in their bank accounts, as well as a credit history and credit reference;
- Establish a track record: Once a project is completed, this speaks to the entrepreneur’s ability to undertake and complete projects. This in turn assists the entrepreneur to generate trade references for future purposes;
- Build capital base: Banks require between 10 – 30% risk capital in order to provide debt finance. Through its funding, the Fund hopes to assist entrepreneurs to build capital reserves that would enable them to meet the risk capital requirements and to raise finance efficiently in the future;
- Skills transfer: Throughout our dealings with our clients, we strive to impart business knowledge and processes.